Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Slimpod working with the NHS: My dream’s come true

I’m VERY PROUD to share the following news about Slimpod working with the NHS! Many of you will be aware that last June we started a big trial with the NHS Tameside and Glossop Hospital Trust (that’s me pictured with Angela, one of our NHS success stories).  I’m delighted to say that as a direct result of the success of the trial, the Chief Exec Karen, has decided to improve the health and wellbeing of her staff by radically changing the food environment at the hospital.

She’s starting by providing healthier food and removing sugary food and drinks from the restaurant. She will be the FIRST hospital Chief exec in the UK to do this and I’m SO PROUD to be directly involved.

I’m telling you all this now, because today this fabulous story about Slimpod working with the NHS  is in the news and on Good Morning Britain. I’ve see coverage around the world online!

On the back of this I’m using my position on the All Party Parliamentary Group for Obesity and the National Obesity Forum to start a national campaign urging all hospitals in the UK to improve the health and well-being of their staff by following Karen’s lead!

===============

Slimpod working with the NHS: The success stats

Here’s the remarkable results achieved with Slimpod working with the NHS in Tameside:

  • 87% of participants lost weight while listening to the Slimpod over the 3 month project.
  • 90% reported behavioural change and said that they had reduced snacking – most of those have lost interest in sugar completely.
  • Over three months the participants lost 314 lbs.
  • The seven case studies who have agreed to talk about their experiences in public have actually lost 206 lbs between them in six months.
  • At least three quarters of participants have carried on with the Slimpod after the initial three months as they say it is an easy way to take control and lose weight.

===============

 

Here is a pic of Karen, Slimpod star Sammie Axton and myself when we started the trial last summer.

Thought I’d also introduce you to Angela, who’s the Head of Service Transformation at Tameside Hospital. She’s one of our Slimpod stars at the hospital and has dropped FIVE sizes from her waist and is about to come off diabetes medication.

This is Angela’s story about Slimpod working with the NHS:

My motivation to join the Slimpod trial was to get my health back on track. I was diagnosed with type 2 in 2013,  a hereditary problem in the family. It was out of control and making me tired and miserable. That would make me inclined to reach for a sweet snack, which is the last thing I should have been doing.

“The first changes I noticed were small ones…I stopped taking the lift and started to use the stairs, I stopped snacking…I cut down on the portions…I wanted to exercise more! I didn’t originally weigh myself so I’ve done it by dress size. It’s been amazing. Over five months I’ve dropped FIVE sizes in trousers  and two sizes in tops.

“My family and friends can’t believe the transformation. I’ve joined an exercise class every Wednesday, I’m so much happier and I have more confidence. Best of all my blood sugar levels are so low now my doctor says he will consider taking me off the medication by February. I know the weight will stay off because my lifestyle has changed.”

Slimpod working with the NHS has been my dream for eight years and I thought I’d share my excitement with you. 😘

The post Slimpod working with the NHS: My dream’s come true appeared first on Slimpod.

No comments:

Post a Comment